Promoting self healing in your body
Acupressure is a form of alternative medicine that is based on the Chinese belief in ’Chi’. This is the universal ‘life force’ that travels around our bodies and that is present in everything. This has two aspects or forms of expression, known as ‘Yin’ and ‘Yang’.
Absolutely everything, people included, is made up of Yin and Yang. They symbolize the duality of the universe. The symbol of the ’Great Polarity” represents graphically the belief that Yin and Yang are complimentary, a balance that is necessary for harmony. Chi is thought to flow through our bodies through “pathways”, and most of our ailments are caused by this flow being disrupted or blocked, or by a buildup of ‘bad Chi’. The method of treatment is to restore normal flow of Chi.
By applying pressure on certain areas – the ‘acupuncture points’ situated along the meridians, acupressure aims to free up the flow of Chi so that it moves more healthily around the body and so that it can promote self healing. This is a holistic view of human health and it is believed that problems around the 12 major meridians (corresponding with the major organs) can account for all manner of different problems.
Energy blockages whether from stress, trauma, or an injury, can be traced to the root of all health problems. Your energy flow affects how you feel, how you think, and how you breathe. Just as negative thoughts can block your energy flow, positive thoughts can increase your healing energy. When the body’s life-force energy becomes blocked, various emotional imbalances and physical symptoms also result. These energy blockages occur at the acupressure points.
Through a variety of acupressure methods ranging from light touch, tapping, to simply holding the points, the body’s life energy is able to flow and rebalance.
The healing benefits of acupressure involve both the relaxation of the body and its positive effects on the mind. Here are just a few examples:
- Acupressure for Weight Loss A good diet to give your body the vital nutrients your body requires combined with acupressure will give the best results.
- Acupressure if you have a bad back or a muscle injury The muscles relax, the blood flow helps to warm them up and provide nutrients, and the whole body de-tenses.
- Acupressure for Various Conditions For specific conditions, such as chronic fatigue, fibromyalgia, chronic muscular pain, mental stress, addiction recovery, learning disorders, trauma, emotional imbalances and more.
- Acupressure for Beauty: The Chinese used acupressure points as a beauty treatment for thousands of years. An acupressure beauty treatment enhances muscle tone and increases circulation. The Heavenly Appearance and Facial Beauty acupressure points improve skin condition and the tone of facial muscles and connective tissue. This can lessen the appearance of wrinkles without drugs or surgery. After years of pulling and stretching the skin, the connective tissue is weakened, loosening the skin. Simple finger pressure on the Heavenly Appearance points, along with therapeutic facial exercises, relieves congested areas and relaxes the muscles. Thus toxins are released and eliminated, which of course benefits your outward appearance.
- Acupressure for Fertility: Infertility has emerged as one of the leading health issues among couples in recent times and it is to be blamed on our unhealthy life style with lack of physical activity and increased stress – two of the major reasons of infertility in both men and women. But with present medical advancement and high end infertility treatment it is easy to solve this problem. Acupressure and reflexology can also help in treating the problem of female infertility effectively and the best thing is that it doesn’t backfire and cause any threat to fertility
Treatment and Costs
As a Therapist I insist on three balancing sessions prior to working on treatment sessions. In a balancing session I work on main points of each meridian and this enables me to restore any blockages which the client may not even be aware of. There will be 3x balancing sessions needed, within a week apart from each other. These sessions are 1 hour long. A treatments session will be 30 – 45 minutes depending on what treatment is required.
Balancing Sessions R350.00 per session
Treatment session R300.00 per session
Request An Appointment
About Meraki In Motion
Meraki in Motion is a tranquil lifestyle and Wellness Center in Brackenhurst that brings like-minded practitioners and therapists together to assist our clients on their journey to well-being by promoting a balance between body mind and soul, and our surrounding environment.
Our Conference Center is the ideal breakaway venue
to get away from the maddening rush.
The dance and fitness studio offers a diverse range of classes.
Start your transformational journey at Meraki in Motion Wellness Center today.